A couple of questions and Re:fix for gcc 3.4 and flex 2.5.4

From: JM Pim
Subject: A couple of questions and Re:fix for gcc 3.4 and flex 2.5.4
Date: 05 Feb 2005 16:13:42 +0000

To Dirk Jagdmann:

Thank you for that. I spent a while hacking around getting roughly the same result but couldn't work out a way to put it all in a nice script!

It also works for gcc 3.2.3 and flex 2.5.4 on lilypond 2.4.4 BTW

To everyone:

Would it be a good idea to detect for these problems in configure and maybe run these scripts automatically if certain gcc/flex version combos are found?

Also, I would like to have two lilypond versions on my system; one the latest stable release (2.4) and one the latest development (or CVS) version so I can have a fiddle :) Is this possible? I was planning to do make conf=unstable or similar. Would this work?

Finally, I would like to help the lily community by packaging lily 2.4 for slackware. How do I go about this? Do I just tar it up?

Thank you for your help,

Mark Pim