Re: cygwin: lilypond and tetex-3.0

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: cygwin: lilypond and tetex-3.0
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:43:04 +0100

Bertalan Fodor writes:

> I've installed tetex-3.0.0-1.

Ok, thanks.

> Into which CVS? (I've got no attachment).

Both :-)

>>>- PK fonts are generated in /usr/share/lilypond/2.4.3/pk - that's ok
>>>  on cygwin, but may be not right in other environments.
>>
>>That's another tetex-2.99 packaging bug, will be fixed for 3.0.
>>
> Still putting there. :-(

Hmm.  texmf.cnf should say

   % Where generated fonts may be written.  This tree is used when the sources
   % were found in a system tree and either that tree wasn't writable, or the
   % varfonts feature was enabled in MT_FEATURES in mktex.cnf.
   VARTEXFONTS = /var/cache/fonts

and mktex.cnf should say

   : ${MT_FEATURES=appendonlydir:varfonts}

Is that so?  If pk fonts are still written to the source tree, you may
have found a tetex-3.0 bug.  Mats?

What is the value of $TEXMF, and what does

   TEXMF= kpsexpand \$TEXMF

say?

Jan.