Stopped note heads.

From: Giancarlo Niccolai
Subject: Stopped note heads.
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:36:24 +0100

Hello,

Lilypond has an easy way to put the "stopped" articulation above the note;
however, this is actually used in orchestral music. Guitar music (both
electric and classical music, i.e. from late'800 up to date) marks the
"stopped" note with an X note head (identical to the rythm staff X note head,
I think that's used for hi-hat but not sure).

There is also another "stopped" (the palm stop), but that is usually indicated
with a sign similar to the 8va bracket, generally below instead of above the
staff.

Now, I suppose that it is possible to change the note head engraver so that it
prints the rythmic (X) instead of the default note head. However, there isn't
any example or tweak in the manual. One would be highly appreciated by
guitarists.
Also, it would be *quite* useful to have it working as the \harmonic command,
but if not possible, be it at least specified how to do that in an easy place
to look up...

P.s. how the internationalized chords name are going? I suggested a patch,
that was rejected, and nothing more seems to be happened.

Bests,
Gian.