Editors, was: Re: State of docs

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Editors, was: Re: State of docs
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:14:01 -0700

Graham Percival wrote:

On 28-Feb-05, at 11:40 AM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Graham Percival writes:

Is it just the whitespace at the end of the second line??

Yes, texinfo-all-menus-update adds extraneous whitspace.  That should
be fixed, but there is little point in removing it all the time.

... especially since it'll get added back in whenever somebody runs emacs.

OK, this makes a lot more sense.  I was worried that texinfo had suddenly
became whitespace-sensitive.  :)

I'm happy to report that I've figured out how to exit emacs (saving or not)
and how to type <ESC>x texinfo-all-menus-update

I can't stand being in edit mode all the time; I keep on adding an extra
"i" or "a" to whatever I'm writing. And I dearly miss dd, P, and the like. But
I _am_ able to fix all the menus now before I cvs up.  :)

That makes us even. I can't stand modal editors where I have to remember what mode I'm in. :) :)

Paul Scott