Re: custom dynamic mark loses "e"

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: custom dynamic mark loses "e"
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 02:29:49 -0700

On 30-May-05, at 10:18 PM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Graham Percival wrote:
#(def-markup-command (text paper props arg) (markup?)
  "Use ordinary text font."
  (interpret-markup
   paper (prepend-alist-chain 'font-encoding 'ec props) arg))
I guess this line isn't relevant in 2.5. Try to set the font-encoding to
'roman instead of 'ec (I don't have a 2.5 installation available here,
so I can't test it). I still think that it would be a good idea to have
a \normaltext markup command (and the implementation provided here is
clearly not the best solution of such a markup command).

\normaltext is the basic idea behind "using normal fonts within a title", right? http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Other- text-markup-issues.html

How hard would it be to add such a function to lily? It seems that it would be quite useful.

I managed to get an "e" to appear, but it's in a different font and much too big. I tried two different methods, but they both fail to work in the same way. I'm quite uncertain why the second method gives the results -- I'd expect it to either not print the e,
or use the same font for the whole string.

\version "2.5.25"
#(def-markup-command (normal-font layout props arg) (markup?)
  "Switch to normal text font"
(interpret-markup layout (cons '((font-shape . 'upright) (fontsize . 'tiny)) props) arg))

#(def-markup-command (normal-text paper props arg) (markup?)
  "Switch to normal text font"
  (interpret-markup paper props arg))

first = #(make-dynamic-script (markup #:dynamic "f" #:normal-font "espr" ) ) second = #(make-dynamic-script (markup #:dynamic "f" #:normal-text "espr" ) )
{
c4\first
c4\second
}