package-specific doc information

From: Graham Percival
Subject: package-specific doc information
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 03:42:55 -0700

I know that the MacOS package has a README with some platform-specific
information; I assume that the windows and linux binary packages have
similar information.  Could we include that info on the web page or the
docs?

Ideally we should have a SETUP (binary packges) link, under the
INSTALL (how to compile) link on the main doc page.  The SETUP would
go to a page that contains links to the various platform-specific binary
package info.

I'm not certain how to set up this kind of auto-generated docs -- especially since the info is in the installers/ CVS module, instead of the lilypond/
module.