Re: lilypond ChangeLog VERSION

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond ChangeLog VERSION
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:56:49 -0700

On 30-Jun-05, at 3:22 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:
Is there an easy way to apply changes to both branches? I imagine that the doc fixes for the next few weeks would apply to 2.6 as well as 2.7.

IMO the easiest most robust way is to edit the 2.6.0 -> 2.7.0 patch by hand, copying only the stable bits, and then apply that patch to the 2.6 branch.

It hadn't occurred to me that I could get a diff between the 2.7.x version and the 2.6.x version, so now I'm not too worried. I had previously thought that every time I committed something to 2.7 I'd have to commit it to 2.6 (or "lose" those changes). Now that I realize I can do it once a week (or whatever) and review/apply all previous changes,
it doesn't seem so bad.