Re: fixing broken weblinks

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: fixing broken weblinks
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:27:08 +0100

Pedro Kröger wrote:
Hi,

I started fixing some broken weblinks (using the 404 report) but
some things are not clear to me:

- how is something like this supposed to be fixed:

   40 /doc/v2.6/Documentation/user/lilypond/lily-32998009.png

http://www.organy.com.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33&start=45&sid=7aa472a37a7cf6c57feb934536bc2f7b

  where the png file changes from time to time

Don't know. I just ignore the problem. MAybe we should explain that you're not supposed to link to lily-XXXXX.png files.

- how to fix the documentation for older versions? I suppose I should
fix the files at the cvs branches (like lilypond_2_6 and so on).

Yes, and ping me to upload the new web doc to lilypond.org ; We've stopped updating 2.4 and earlier because getting "make web" to run is too much hassle, though.