Re: Turn Off No. Symbol in Title

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Turn Off No. Symbol in Title
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 03:15:37 +0100

Graham Percival wrote:

On 21-Jan-06, at 2:35 PM, Bryan Catanzaro wrote:

The title of a piece I'm typesetting contains the text "No",
which is automatically turned into the Number
symbol by Lilypond.

Allow me to also register my disapproval for this. In my cases it was a month -- "Composed June - Nov 2004".

Turning "No" into a special "N*" thing should be an option, _not_ the default.

I've been unable to duplicate this for my local builds (I use CVS Pango), so I hope that this will be fixed in the next GUB build, which will use a newer Pango.