Re: al niente / de niente: circle size, hairpin alignment, al-niente-hai

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: al niente / de niente: circle size, hairpin alignment, al-niente-hairpin alignment
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:39:59 -0500

On 4/11/06, Erlend Aasland <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 4/11/06, Marcus Macauley <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>  >> Thanks for the proofs. FWIW I think the very last one -- at 50% of a
> >> single staffspace -- is perfect. The distinction between 52.5% and 50%
> >> is particularly fine, but I vote for 50%.
>
>  I actually would vote for 55%.
>
> I agree with Marcus that the 50% can look a bit small when printed on paper,
> so I'll set it to 52.5% for now. When 2.9.2 comes out, more people get to
> test it (and there will be plenty of time to tune the circle size during the
> 2.9 development period.)

Sounds good. I think Marcus had the right idea in actually doing a
couple of print-outs. Looking on screen I went for 50%; printing out
the previous set of examples just now makes me lean towards 55% or
52.5%, either of which should work great.

Thanks again for the feature, Erlend; cool stuff.

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden