Re: Doc updates from NEWS files

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Doc updates from NEWS files
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:31:02 -0700

On 11-Apr-06, at 4:36 PM, Cameron Horsburgh wrote:

The List
********

** [2.6] Newly created staves and lyric lines, can be put in any
vertical order, by setting alignBelowContext or alignAboveContext
properties in the newly created context. An example of the use of this
is in input/regression/alignment-order.ly. [It's hard to say if this
needs to be documented--the only place it seems to belong is 4.4./4.5,
but I think it would just confuse matters. ]

Whoops, this comment didn't get updated. This should go in, probably in chapter 9 Changing defaults. They might be used in the templates, if we get a volunteer to update those.

** [2.6] Lines, such as glissandi or Text-spanner lines, can have arrows at the end [Where does this information exist? It needs to be documented
somewhere, but where?

IMO this should be in the Program reference.

 A couple of questions on -user lately lead me to
wonder if we need a section about spanners and lines, simply because
there are so many useful tweaks common to all. This is a bit like the
question I had about tuning slurs and ties.]

These are two separate issues. The arrow'd lines are part of the NEWS update project; explaining useful tweaks about lines and slurs are part of "new docs for chapter 10". Not to discourage anybody from offering to do both of these. :)