Re: gregorian chant improvement

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: gregorian chant improvement
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 22:15:30 +0200 (CEST)

By the way, you may also be interested in the following related work from
a workshop on Braille Notation of Psalmodia and Gregorian Chant, held in Marburg, Germany, on October 2-3, 2002:

http://www.sbs-online.ch/musik/conference/documents/gregor.pdf

In order to make Gregorian chant notation readable for blind people, the
authors define how to decompose complex neumes into primitives, which
in turn are mapped to braille. In fact, their breaking-down approach is very similar to what lily does, such that it should not be too complicated to implement their specification as an extension to LilyPond (which would probably be a nice student project).

Greetings,
Juergen