Re: gs 8.53 problems

From: John Hawkinson
Subject: Re: gs 8.53 problems
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:31:15 -0400

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote on Thu, 27 Apr 2006
at 20:05:06 +0200 in <address@hidden>:

> > Of course, I worry that this will just lead to more "crash my
> > printer" -type problems :( :(
>
> Not more problems than you already have.  Can't you use the `pswrite'
> module of gs as a filter to get ordinary level 1 PostScript code?

Hmm, possibly, I haven't put much thought into it.  I will take a look.

My experience in the past has been that ps2ps, still.ps, and related
transformations have a habit of working most of the time -- until you
really need it. So I'd be reluctant to depend on it.

It's also one more step that's slower and another place for things
to go wrong...

--jhawk