Re: lilypond/Documentation/user GNUmakefile

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: lilypond/Documentation/user GNUmakefile
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 15:19:29 +0200

Graham Percival schreef:

On 2-May-06, at 5:52 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Graham Percival schreef:
On 2-May-06, at 5:05 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
+++ lilypond/Documentation/user/GNUmakefile    Tue May  2 12:05:28 2006

-EXTRA_DIST_FILES= $(LATEX_FILES) $(IMAGES)
+EXTRA_DIST_FILES= $(LATEX_FILES) $(IMAGES) README.txt
 IMAGES=$(call src-wildcard,*.png)
What does this do? README.txt is only intended for developers looking at the .itely files in CVS, not for end-users.

Then you should add them to the workbook/ module, not lilypond/

The what?

I've been making CVS commits for almost two years, and this is the first I've heard of this. I think it's safe to assume that a new doc helper won't know about workbook/ either.

see

  https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=lilypond

substitute workbook for <modulename>

(This messes up my dist checking scripts that make sure we ship everything in CVS, and have everything we ship in CVS.)

I suppose that I could move all this info back into lilypond.tely, but I though that the increased visibility would be good.

Let's just keep it where it is now.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com