Re: bug emails

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: bug emails
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 01:52:57 -0700

On 5-May-06, at 1:32 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:
When we set up the bug tracker, could each bug have a "submitter's email" field, which is only viewable by admins? We should keep track of who submitted each bug so that they can be notified when it's fixed, but we don't want those addresses spammed.

The submitter's address is there, but I think it's usually not obfuscated.

Could it be made obfuscated or private?

Erik stopped including submitter's emails in the bug CVS to avoid them getting spammed; he simply kept a mailbox of bug emails, and when an issue was resolved he searched for the submitter's name in that mailbox. I have all this data now, but I think we should keep submitter's emails attached to their bugs, so we don't have to hunt around for their email to tell them that the problem is fixed.