Re: Contexts (Was Re: Set vs. Override - I'm confused)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Contexts (Was Re: Set vs. Override - I'm confused)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 05:37:36 -0700

On 8-May-06, at 7:26 AM, Erik Sandberg wrote:

On Saturday 06 May 2006 13:25, Graham Percival wrote:
Erik, could I get a copy of Figure 10, illustrating Score, Staff, and
Voice contexts? It's the first figure in appendix C. I think it would
be good to add to the lilypond manual.

I'm sending both.

I think the ideal choice is to use EPS in the lilypond repository, and to
generate PNGs from them. PNGs in the PDF manual will look crappy.

Ok; I proposed PNG because we already have pngs in the manual, so I could add more pngs by copying what we did for those examples. I agree that EPS would be better.

Could somebody modify Documentation/user/GNUmakefile so that we can include eps images that reside in Documentation/user/ ? Currently it does some magic to make Documentation/user/*.png accessible to the docs, but this mechanism doesn't work on .eps files. I've left the @image{} commented out due to this issue.