Re: alignment-extra-space, lyrics

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: alignment-extra-space, lyrics
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 18:03:04 +0200

Nicolas Sceaux schreef:
Hi,

The result of setting alignment-extra-space to add space between staves
in a given system is not satisfying when there are lyrics:

/=======
|=======
|lyrics
|=======
\=======

-->

/=======
|=======
|=======
|        } space
\=======

That is, the gap between the lyrics and the corresponding staff is
too big.

Is there way not to lengthen the space between a staff and its lyrics?
(I mean: a hint about how that could be hacked)

the adding happens in

void
Align_interface::align_elements_to_extents (Grob *me, Axis a)

you  could patch that

* to accept a list of extra-spaces, to tune each each space separately.

* to ignore the extra space for certain elements that have some boolean property set; then you set that property in the VerticalAxisGroup for Lyrics.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com