Re: Getting the height of a system.

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Getting the height of a system.
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 12:47:34 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys schreef:

3) for each possible system, using the original grobs,
    - work out the Y-extent
    - restore () every grob in that system

The advantage is that we avoid fiddling around with the object_alist_ because this clone is never used -- it exists only to save the state of the score before we mess it up with calling Y-extent. We also only have to make one copy of the system and restore it N times instead of making N copies.

I don't think that this will really help. Inside the grobs, the object_alist_ will contain grob_arrays, which are considered 'private data' to each grob, and hence need to be copied completely before each new System formatting step. This is expensive, as the length of the grob_arrays is proportional to the entire score.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com