Yet another 2 patches for music streams

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Yet another 2 patches for music streams
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 07:49:54 +0200

Hi,

I've finished 2 more patches for music streams. One of them is considerably
larger than the other, but the two should be independent.

Pathc 1:
 - lyric-combine-music.cc, partcombine-iterator.cc: updated to use stream
events for busy testing.
 - chord-tremolo: massively cleaned up (iterator either generates ChordEvent,
which is handled like :, or generates span start/stop events. Engraver is
shrinked)
 - Translator_group::try_music is now invoked through listeners.

Patch 2:
 - output-property-*: prepare for bottomification of try_music
 - exported some more rules to scheme:
  - \once is converted to music function (we might later want to make it a
music macro)
  - context-specification -> ly-syntax rule
  - ly-syntax rule for music functions.

Two generic utility functions have been introduced, chordify-event and
music-is-of-type?

Todo:
- create contexts through music streams (add new event for context creation
announcements)
- make try_music auto-descend to bottom context. Some of the current places
where stream-events are sent should then be replaced with try_music calls.
- Make other commands (SetProperty, ChangeContext, Prepare, OneTimeStep) use
stream events.

Questions:
- It seems that the OutputPropertySetMusic music type is unused. Should I
remove it?
- I have not yet done anything about old-lyric-combine-music-iterator. Should
I spend time on making it work, or can we junk oldaddlyrics for the next
release? (there's no regression test for oldaddlyrics, btw)
- What's the Right Way to pass warnings and errors from Scheme code? I want
some warning messages to make use of Input objects.

--
Erik