Doc addition: Rehearsal Mark Alignment

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Doc addition: Rehearsal Mark Alignment
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 20:22:48 +1000

I've had a look at the note in the 2.8 News file about the new
rehearsalMarkAlignSymbol. It seems to say everything that's needed, but I'm
wondering if we need a list of possible values. The example shows key-signature
and clef---where can I find the others?

I've also noticed that the explanation calls the value rehearsalMarkAlignSymbol
whilst the snippet calls it break-align-symbol. What needs to be changed?

In the graphic in the News file the 'On Clef' example seems to be on the bar
line as opposed to the clef. Is this due to the Rehearsal mark alignment
problem that cropped up in late 2.7?

FWIW here's a suggested entry for 2.8.3 "Rehearsal Marks" as ripped off from
the News:

**********************

The horizontal location of rehearsal marks can be adjusted by setting the
rehearsalMarkAlignSymbol property:

\relative {
  c1
  \key cis \major
  \clef alto
  \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-align-symbol = #'key-signature
  \mark "on-key"
  cis
 \key ces \major
  \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-align-symbol = #'clef
  \clef treble
  \mark "on clef"
  ces
}

[Place music graphic here]

Other values that can be taken by break-align-symbol include:

[list of possible values]

Cameron Horsburgh

/dev/random says:
Dinner not ready: (A)bort (R)etry (P)izza

http://web.netcall.com.au/horsburgh