Re: trying to make a music function, Part 3 of X

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: trying to make a music function, Part 3 of X
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 08:01:19 -0400

Hi, Nicolas:

So here you can see that, having an EventChord, you have to build a
SequentialMusic expression, containing a ContextSpeccedMusic element for
the property override, and the modified EventChord.

Okay, I *swear* I tried *exactly* this code myself, and it didn't work... =\
Now, it works great.

Anyway, glad to know I was on the right track -- must have had a typo or something. I feel like the light-bulb is now warming up (it's a compact florescent), and that it won't be *too* long before I'm a productive Lilypond hacker... =)

The one remaining question I have is this: the code you send outputs nested SequentialMusic objects

(make-music
  'SequentialMusic
  'elements
  (list (make-music
          'SequentialMusic
          'elements
          (list (make-music
                  'ContextSpeccedMusic

whereas my "sample" displayMusic (of the same music built manually) outputs a single SM object

(make-music
  'SequentialMusic
  'elements
  (list (make-music