Re: Getting the height of a system.

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Getting the height of a system.
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 15:06:21 +0200

Joe Neeman schreef:
+      /* if we end up suiciding, our Y-axis-parent won't get the correct
+        Y-extent unless we add our child to it */
+      Grob *p = unsmob_grob (get_object ("axis-group-parent-Y"));
+      if (p)
+       Axis_group_interface::add_element (p, dolly);
This will result in duplicate elements in the axis-group-parent-Y after line breaking. Isn't it possible to handle this in any of the relevant pure_XX functions?

I don't think so. For example, a BarNumber gets created and added to
System->object_alist_->elements. Since a mid-line BarNumber is
invisible, the original grob sucides in
Item::handle_prebroken_dependencies. By the time System->pure_extent
gets called, there are no live BarNumbers in the elements list, so none
of the pure_XX functions even get to see a BarNumber.

I'm not sure I understand. The BarNumber won't be live, but it should still be in the 'elements grob_array, or am I missing something?

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com