Re: Context_def -> Context progress

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Context_def -> Context progress
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 17:46:49 +0100

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 17:23, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Erik Sandberg escreveu:
> > However, while I wrote this, I have been thinking about an alternative
> > solution to the same problem, which is cleaner but less efficient: We
> > could let context_def simply be a music expression which is inserted
> > before any music in the context. So e.g., \context Staff { c4 } would be
> > equivalent to creating a new, blank context and interpret { \Staff c4 }
> > in it.

OK, good. I plan to send the template context directly, as a property of the
CreateContext event; then it's up to the stream dumper/undumper to find a
textual representation of the context template (so if you want, you _can_
write a dumper that outputs template contexts as chords of context
manipulation events).

--
Erik