skyline performance

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: skyline performance
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 01:22:47 +0100

Hello Joe,

I've just pushed a change which enables (commented out) skylines for
separation items. Could you have another look at skyline performance?
I'm seeing a signifcant performance impact on enabling it. It could
very well be that (de)marshalling skylines from Scheme is a bottleneck
though.

the code to switch it on is in Separation_item::set_distance()

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com