Re: charge of lilypond

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: charge of lilypond
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 18:07:48 +0100

El sáb, 24 de feb de 2007, a las 12:07:34 +0100, Bertalan Fodor dijo:

> >I propose (at least in windows) to leave a part of the program
> >resident so that invocation are less painful.
> Unless it is being swapped out to the virtual memory.
>
> >Office and OpenOffice do
> >
> They are swapped out as well. And you gain nothing.

Yes but finding files all over the HD and running them is not the same
as retrieving pages from VM.

At least don't you think that identical programs running at
the same time should share their memory or something?

Maybe a sort of lilypond.dll would do the trick.

--
Francisco Vila Doncel. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org