Re: LilyPond parser for Canorus

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: LilyPond parser for Canorus
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:14:28 +0100

How does JEdit and JLilyTool solve autocompletion for example?
Autocompletion is very simple - only finds a regex at the cursor position, and then finds the possible choices only based on the Documentation. So if you move an engraver to an other context, the autocompletion will not find it. This is a place for enhancement.

There is also a simple parser that is a rewrite of LilyPond's lexer and parser in ANTLR. The rewrite is not trivial, as LilyPond uses lex and bison, i.e. LALR parsing, while ANTLR is LL(k)

Actually I think that if you want to create a complete LilyPond parser, you would rewrite LilyPond itself. Just think of that you need to parse all the Scheme code, just to find if a command is a markup command or not.

Bert

What
I'd like to is to share the most code as possible for easier
maintainence and for being up-to-date.

What do you think? Shared visions welcome :)

Regards.
- Matevž
Canorus development team
http://www.canorus.org