Re: sponsorship option gone?

From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: Re: sponsorship option gone?
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 21:34:11 +0200

2007/3/30, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:
2007/3/30, Arvid Grøtting <address@hidden>:

> Hmm.   I've managed to merge some rests that way, but:
>
> - where do I get at the dot-count?  I've tried several ways, but so
> far with no luck...

take the path

   note-head -> dot -> dot-count

Ah.  Typo error in my code; I tried "dots", not "dot"...

> - how do I make sure the merged rest stays in the middle?  Do I need
> to kill both rest grobs and create a new one, or something?

Look at how rests are offset rest.cc, y_offset_callback. You have to
override/revert these settings.

Or, actually, call that method again after setting direction to 0.

Of a pair of rests to merge, this works fine for one and not the
other, depending (it seems) on the order they're handled in before
reaching positioning-done.

> - this callback doesn't seem to be called by multi-measure rests.  Any
> ideas on how to merge those?

unset staff-position for mm rest.

Yes, but is there a similar callback/hook where I can check for
redundant multi-measure rests?

Code for merging ordinary rests is attached.

Arvid