Re: TeX-related things are very slow when I have lots of files

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: TeX-related things are very slow when I have lots of files
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 10:01:20 +0200 (CEST)

> > Try this for both cases:
> >
> >   KPATHSEA_DEBUG=-1 mf-nowin -progname=mf "\mode:=ljfour; mode_setup; end."
>

> Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried this and attached the
> (heavily snipped) output. The main thing I noticed is that it is
> scanning paths like
> /home/joe/programming/lilypond/Documentation/user/out-www/source/user/out-www/source/user/out-www/lily-3c5cc96107.pdf.
> Since "source" is a symbolic link to "../..", could it be getting
> trapped in a loop? Anyway, I don't really know how to interperet the
> output, so I'll attach it. If you want to see a less abbreviated
> version, I can do >that too.

Sorry, I don't have time to analyze it.  Instead, I'm sending you
privately the above command as called on my platform in directory

  /home/wl/git/lilypond.compiled/Documentation/user/out-www>

(which contains the stuff of a successful `make web').  It's only
19kByte!  This means that something seriously must be screwed up on
your box...

For comparison purposes, I also send you the output of `find' in the
above directory.

    Werner