Lilypond programmers "Hello world"?

From: Cambiata
Subject: Lilypond programmers "Hello world"?
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 23:39:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

As we all know, Lilypond isn't at all a pond, it's a sea of possibilities
and solutions... :-)
Nevertheless there seems to be things to wish for, or maybe to create
myself...!

Is there some kind of basic developers guide, tutorial or message thread
dealing with the basic concepts of extending Lilypond?
What are the possibilities in Scheme-Lisp, and what requires recompilation
of the Lilypond core?

The idea that drives me right now is exporting the coordinates of score
objects ( http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/input/regression/collated-files
check the skyline-debug.ly example ) to a separate xml file... (
http://www.nabble.com/Fwd%3A-Suggestion%3A-Alternative-ps-pdf-link-information%2C-alt.-Scoreinfo-xml-file-export-tf3936539.html
discussed in this thread )

Any ideas or suggestions?

Regards / Jonas