Re: what is UnfoldedRepeatedMusic good for?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: what is UnfoldedRepeatedMusic good for?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:42:04 -0300

2007/6/27, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:
This is it, thanks.  However, this causes another problem: In
define-music-types.scm, 5 different variants of repeated music are
defined: `volta', `unfold', `fold', `percent', and `tremolo'.
However, the lilypond documentation doesn't explain `fold', and there
isn't a useful example either...

Fold was an attempt to represent lyric stanzas which are usually
printed in parallel.  Since we couldn't get them to print properly,
they have never been very useful, and consequently left out of the
docs, so we don't have to explain that it doesn't work all the time.