Re: \new \Score

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: \new \Score
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:15:36 -0800

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:29:56 +0100
Rune Zedeler <address@hidden> wrote:

> Another thing that frequenty confuse new users is the
> \score-statement and the fact that the braces  following it do not
> indicate sequential music, so that you need to nested pairs of curly
> braces to include a sequentil piece of music in a score block.

This is explained better in GDP.

> This is probably a quite major change, though. But what do you think?

Given the current state of lilypond development, I don't think
it's worth considering at the moment.  As you say, it's quite a
major change; right now we don't have the resources to do it.

(I'm not convinced this would be a good change, anyway -- but that
has nothing to do with my suggestion not to discuss it now)