two issues on LSR

From: Till Rettig
Subject: two issues on LSR
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 22:25:38 +0200

Hi Valentin,

I tried updating the snippet I posted (about ancient incipit), but I can't edit it, I don't know what the mistake is.

Then I have another thing here, a "workaround" from the list about one year ago. It is about marking the notes of spoken parts with a cross on the stem. It is not a good trick, though, because it adds also crosses to the invisible stems of rests, as the example shows. A workaround is to end the cross sections when rests come, but this can be really annoying. There is also a comment, that Han-Wen actually suggested then to use another function to apply the cross, but I couldn't find anything about his and couldn't figure out how to use it.
You can maybe say if it is worth adding to LSR.

%%%%Begin example
%HW: use grob-interpret-markup function!
sp = { \override Voice.Stem #'stencil = #(lambda (grob)
          (ly:stencil-combine-at-edge
(ly:stem::print grob) 1 (* -1 (ly:grob-property grob 'direction))
            (ly:text-interface::print grob) -2.3 0))
             \override Voice.Stem #'text = \markup {
            \hspace #-1.025 \fontsize #-4 \musicglyph #"noteheads.s2cross"
       }
}

nokross = {
\revert Voice.Stem #'stencil