Re: Dist/Doc build broken again

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Dist/Doc build broken again
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 13:53:10 +0100

Le vendredi 07 mars 2008 à 01:58 -0300, Han-Wen Nienhuys a écrit :
> Hi John,
>
> can you have a look at this?  This prevents me from releasing 2.11.42.

Sorry for the little delay!

> address@hidden topdocs]$ make out/NEWS.txt
> make: *** No rule to make target `out/NEWS.txt'.  Stop.

As long as I can test, I think it's fixed in master.  I've also cleaned
up topdocs makefiles, there seemed to be broken and no longer used
stuff.

> FWIW, I think commenting out sections of makefiles using ifeq() based
> on the value of $(out) is a fragile solution.  Perhaps you can
> consider something else.

I had done this because undefining .nexi rules in user/GNUmakefile no
longer worked after a bunch of hacking, and IMHO undefining rules in
each directory's GNUmakefile was not a good solution either.  To fix
this in a cleaner way, I scraped .nexi intermediate files and use
instead a makefile variable LILYPOND_BOOK_PROCESS, which still depends
on $(out), but I think this is reasonable (I removed "ifeq($(out),)"
blocks for defining rules).

Cheers,
John