Re: Two more tipoes :)

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Two more tipoes :)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:04:16 +0200

Reinhold Kainhofer schrieb:

This gave me an idea:
I've now checked all .itely files in the user manual using ispell with the
american dictionary. Patch is attached, but please double-check all changes
before applying.
Several typos found, also lots of inconsistent British vs. American spelling
(in particular -ise/-ize and -or/-our)

Some notes:
-) Grammatically, the plural of ambitus is also ambitus, so I rephrased the
sentence with "ambiti" (which would be the wrong declination)
-) Is the plural of "volta" really "volte" or rather "voltae" (repeats.itely)
-) Shouldn't we write UNIX consistently in capitals? Similarly, MacOS/MacOs is
spelt inconsistently...

And what about LilyPond/lilypond? I think we agree that the first one is the program name and the second one is the binary. But it seems they get mixed quite often in the docs.

On the other hand, these are things that will appear again and again and we will have to run the spell check every once and a while.

Till
Cheers,
Reinhold