Building Lilypond on Intel Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard)

From: Matthias Neeracher
Subject: Building Lilypond on Intel Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:20:32 +0200

On Apr 14, 2008, at 12:45 PM, address@hidden wrote:
 I understand from reading the precompiled binaries page and this
list's archives that there have been difficulties building Lilypond on
Leopard on Intel Macs.

Actually, that would be for Leopard on Intel Macs. Part of the problem is that the MacOS binaries were built on Linux, using a cross-compilation environment that is no longer being maintained.

As it happens, I have just built the standalone binary on the native architecture for my own use, and I would be happy
to share it, if it can be helpful.

It would be great if you would share your exact build recipe with me (I'd be happy to contribute Mac CPU cycles and a bit of my own time to an effort to regularly build MacOS 10.5 binaries, but I never figured out how to build the standalone binary, and I understand it's not entirely trivial).

Matthias