Re: Index entries

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Index entries
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 00:15:01 +0200

2008/4/26 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 16:27:55 +0200
>  "Francisco Vila" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>  > I have not a word for it, actually. Is there a way to prevent
>  > non-alphabetic initials to have their own section? It would be better
>  > to group in a section called "symbols" all these entries, then start
>  > with 'A' 'B'...

Mmm... Granted, it's surprising the first time you see it; however I
kind of like it this way. Look at
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/R5RS-Index.html
it looks surprisingly familiar :)

>  We could actually send a bunch of requests for the texinfo index
>  -- for example, Werner suggested unifying repeated terms:
>  Foo.... p. 8
>    .... p. 10
>    .... p. 531

That would be great!

>  which I'd quite like to have.  However, I'm not certain if the texinfo
>  team has the resources/interest in adding such features.

LOL -- Do you mean they might have their own grumpy
we-dont-have-the-resources editor, who'll prevent them from
implementing it?  :-)

Cheers,
Valentin