Re: Renaming \setTextCresc, \setHairpinCresc, etc.

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Renaming \setTextCresc, \setHairpinCresc, etc.
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:13:22 +0200

2008/4/30 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

>  We could even go with pairs of:
>   \crescText
>   \crescHairpin

Patrick's idea was better IMO, as it introduced textual crescendo
indications as an "exception" to default (hairpin) crescendos.

Therefore, using \crescTextOn and Off avoided to ever use Hairpin (I
may be influenced as a non-English speaker here: as much as the word
"text" looks familiar to me, the word "hairpin" hardly makes any
sense, and I suspect it's a bit more difficult to use for every
foreign LilyPonders out there...).

Cheers,
Valentin