Re: Bugtracker cleanup/update

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Bugtracker cleanup/update
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 15:12:09 -0700

On Fri, 30 May 2008 11:21:54 -0300
"Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The status is that we have 97 defects left, of which one regression,
> and one marked high. After fixing these, I'll go through the list once
> more to pick the low-hanging fruit.

Speaking of low-hanging fruit, how hard would it be to fix all the
programming errors?  They look scary to users.

>  Then, from a bugs perspective, we are ready to release 2.12.
>  What's that status for the docs, Graham?

We're on track for a release in Aug.

- the big makeinfo --html to texi2html switch can't be done yet
  because you need a CVS version of texi2html.  There should be a
texi2html release soon.  We're going to advertize the new
texi2html docs soon and get comments.  Call this a month.

- the translation infrastructure needs some work, and John has
  limited availability.  I think he said July?  I agree with the
translators that we shouldn't release 2.12 with a broken
translation infrastructure.

- we only have two finished sections in NR 1+2, although two or
  three more sections might be finished in a week.  I'm fairly
confident that we'll have half a dozen more finished sections by
the end of June.  We have huge patches of FIXME and TODOs that I
dumped verbatim in these sections.

- the other parts of our docs are in relatively good condition,
  not including the complete rewrite of NR 3+6 that started a week
ago.

In summary, you'd have to be crazy to be seriously contemplating a
release in the near future.