Re: keyboard-headword.ly

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: keyboard-headword.ly
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:17:23 -0700

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 21:53:15 +0100
"Neil Puttock" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/7/1 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > Andrew, sorry about this.  We've had this problem before with
> > beautiful examples; see the mailist archives from... last Dec, I
> > think.  Trevor Baca had a beautiful example from... Rachmaninoff?
> > Unfortunately, it was still under copyright, so we had to remove it
> > as well.  :(
>
> Ravel's Sonatine, which has been PD since January.
>
> %%% BEGIN RAVEL %%%

This example gives a warning:
Preprocessing graphical objects...
programming error: FT_Get_Glyph_Name () error: invalid argument
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Glyph has no name, but font supports glyph
naming.
Skipping glyph U+FFFFFFFF, file
/Users/gperciva/Apps/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf/CenturySchL-Ital.otf

but looks ok at first glance.  Please investigate and file a bug
report.

Speaking of that, if you're interested, I'd love to be able to
compile all the docs without error messages.  Some examples in
introduction.itely produce warnings because it's doing weird stuff
with output (removing all engravers other than note heads, for
example).  But it would be awesome if everything else could be
compiled without warnings.
This unfortuantely requires both a fair amount of technical
skills, and a fair amount of time.  This is certainly a
low-priority issue, though -- and if you're not interested, don't
bother at all.

I'm not certain if you intended this to be used for keyboards
instead of pitches, but I've added to keyboards for now.