Can't make git access work at savannah

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Can't make git access work at savannah
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 21:32:25 -0600

Ok, so now I'm trying to get my approved patch into the main lilypond branch.

What I'd like to do is clone lilypond at savannah, then pull the csorensen
fork, then push back to savannah.  I think this is the right git workflow.

The problem I'm having is that I can't get a proper clone from savannah.

I've created a dsa key pair, since that's what savannah said they wanted.  I've
updated my account with the public key.  I've followed the instructions on the
savannah web page as well as I can.  Here's what happens when I try to clone:

address@hidden lilymain]$ git clone address@hidden:/srv/git/lilypond.git
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/carl/lilymain/lilypond/.git/
The authenticity of host 'git.sv.gnu.org (199.232.41.69)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 80:5a:b0:0c:ec:93:66:29:49:7e:04:2b:fd:ba:2c:d5.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'git.sv.gnu.org,199.232.41.69' (RSA) to the list of
known hosts.
Permission denied (publickey).
fetch-pack from 'address@hidden:/srv/git/lilypond.git' failed.

Any ideas?

Right now, I'm feeling very much like the proper name for git is, to quote
Linus, "Goddamn idiotic truckload of sh*t"

Carl