Re: fret-boards.ly regression test broken

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: fret-boards.ly regression test broken
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 20:17:22 -0600

On 7/3/08 7:59 PM, "Neil Puttock" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Carl,
>
> With your changes to fret diagrams, fret-boards.ly breaks the
> regression testing. I did make web in /input/regression after puzzling
> over the error messages from doing make test-baseline, and it seems to
> be a problem with the FretBoards context and type-check failure on
> 'string-count (though the output from standalone compilation of the
> file seems OK).

The problem is that FretBoards no longer has a 'string-count interface
property.  It's become part of the fret-diagram-details property.  I'll look
at it and expect to get a patch in short order.  Now that my git access is
straightened out and I have a successful compiling environment, I ought to
be able to get this taken care of in an hour or two.

> Since FretBoards seems to be an experimental feature (awaiting
> documentation it seems), the simplest fix would appear to be
> commenting out the "\foo" identifier until the issue can be resolved:

I think that I can get it resolved soon enough that we shouldn't need to do
this.

Thanks,

Carl