Re: [not urgent] Update of translation status

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: [not urgent] Update of translation status
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 11:04:43 +0200

On 2008/07/07 00:59 +0200, Francisco Vila wrote:
> 2008/7/6 John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
> > Because official doc builds are not supposed to require to build in a
> > source dir that is a Git reopsitory too, whereas generating translation
> > status requires the whole Git history.
>
> But the published docs are built in such an environment, right?

No, IIRC GUB copies the source tree outside of Git.  Anyway packagers
compile released packages, which don't contain Git history.

Your questions on design of the translation infrastructure are
interesting for other translators; could you please ask such questions
on -devel in the future, so this sort of discussion is publicly
available?  I'm sure other current and future translators may have the
same questions.  We could even build a FAQ :-)

Thanks,
John