Re: "arabic.ly" include file for Arabic music

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: "arabic.ly" include file for Arabic music
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 18:17:06 -0700

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 05:03:13 -0700 (PDT)
Joseph Harfouch <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm attaching a modified arabic.ly that includes Neil's suggestions,
> but I'm not sure I quite understood the proposal regarding scales
> that are loaded automatically.

That's a completely separate issue; it was directed as -devel.
Please ignore it; it doesn't affect you.

> Another question. I've put the names of people that made suggestions
> in "arabic.ly" just for acknowledgment, and for future reference. Is
> this your practice, or you would rather I didn't?

That quite fine, and it's a good idea.

> I'll send another documentation update once I see my previous updates
> are up. I am making good progress, and there should be only few
> sections left.

Hmm... if you have other things you could work on, it might be
good to do that first.  I hate to discourage you while you're
working so well, but I'd really like to get arabic.ly included in
lilypond so I can look at the first one or two subsections
strictly.  When I go that, I may have suggests which require
rewriting later material -- if you can wait until I've finished
reviewing the earlier material, you may be able to avoid doing
extra work rewriting the later stuff.