Re: Not for evryone yet!

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Not for evryone yet!
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:56:06 +0200

2008/7/16 Tom Richard <address@hidden>:
> I have had Lilypond installed for over a year and have yet to use it and
> ,unfortunately, will never use it until a decent gui is available. As a
> musician
> for 40+ years and some programming background, I don't have time to learn
> another language. I'll check now and then to see if anyone is really
> interested
> in a helpful program for composers, arrangers, etc... Until then, it is only
> taking up space on my computer. Hard core reality check folks. Either do it
> right or not at all.

LilyPond is very well done, it has many happy users, just it is not a
visually appealing application, but a typesetting engine based in a
language. This language is easier to learn than most of the ones you
already know. Very young pupils of me with no (zero) programming
background use it, some of them better than myself.

Maybe it is not intended exactly to "compose" in the first place, but
if you are a composer and want to show your scores neat enough as to
amaze others, give LilyPond a try.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org