Re: Need help merging dev/rune into master

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Need help merging dev/rune into master
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 13:10:35 +0200

2008/7/4 Neil Puttock <address@hidden>:

>> The patch basically collates all Rune's changed files relating to the
>> accidental improvements, with the following changes:
>>
>> - ignored the News entry
>> - ignored the convert rule change (which is unrelated to the accidental
>> changes)
>> - since Joe has changed context.cc quite a bit to fix Issue 65, the
>> patch reverts this file back to the older revision
>> - fixed the scheme type checks in key-entry.cc (e.g. scm_is_int, which
>> should be scm_is_integer)
>> - changed the docs refs in define-context-properties.scm (@rinternals{})

Greetings Neil,

I have managed to find a new fan for my laptop, so I'm back on track
with the accidental code merge. Many thanks for having made it easier!

I have applied your patch to the LilyPond source code as it was a
month ago (when you made the patch); then I tried to merge all the
commits that have been pushed since then on master. There are a couple
conflicts with some commits of yours (particularly in
pitched-trill-engraver.cc and accidental-engraver.cc, as you
suspected). I tried to address these but the compilation miserably
fails in accidental-engraver.cc, because of an undeclared
'get_bar_number' function.

I don't know what I have to keep from your commits and what I have to
remove from Rune's code. You have both addressed the pitched trills
bug, but in a very different way; besides the accidental thing (which
I desperately need for my opera, I have sent the singers a temporary
score with traditional accidentals but it's very hard to read) is
waaay above my understanding, since Rune has added some new properties
and classes.

I can send you all the diffs, patches and commits I have tried to
make, but I suspect it's too dirty to be any useful. Can you have a
look like you did last month?

Many thanks,
Valentin