Re: make target to avoid rebuilding fonts

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: make target to avoid rebuilding fonts
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 18:50:45 +0200

2008/8/15 Carl D. Sorensen <address@hidden>:
> I've been working on tracking down the loss of functionality for
> Forbid_line_break_engraver.
>
> To do this I have to check out various commits and see if they have the
> functionality.
>
> From time to time I need to blast out the object files because make gives me
> an error.
>
> So I've been doing "make clean".  But this blasts away all the fonts, so I
> have to do the rebuild on the fonts.
>
> Can I either:
>
> 1) Use a make target that will clean everything but the fonts?

I added bin-clean target in master, try "make help" for an overview of
all targets.
I thought twice about the added value of this: not rebuilding fonts
all the time is definitely a popular request, and I think this target
is a compromise between something technically viable and easy to
implement.

Cheers,
John