Re: Merging dev/texi2html [was: Re: Clean history]

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Merging dev/texi2html [was: Re: Clean history]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 22:39:41 +0200

2008/8/20 Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:
John Mandereau:
>> Texi2html people can do bugfix or pretest releases, can't they?
>
> Sure they can, but I doubt that they would do a quick release of 1.80 if a
> minor bug (but a showstopper for lilypond) is found after 1.79 is released.

In this case, we could ask them to release bugfixes with 1.79.x
numbers, or bite the bullet and make CVS snapshots tarballs available
for download on lilypond.org.

>> The variable definition with ":=" looks like the culprit.
>
> Okay, I copied this from the lines directly above for the pdf, texi, etc.
> files, where it apparently worked...

For my sanity, I don't remember the difference between ":=" and "=",
but I always reread "make" documentation and/or test both if unsure.

Cheers,
John