Unbound variable: parse-terse-string

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Unbound variable: parse-terse-string
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:56:11 +0100

Carl

I'm having difficulty running the NR through lilypond-book. It fails in rhythms.itely on the first fretboard example. It's been failing in the same way for a couple of earlier releases and I was hoping a later release would fix it, but it still fails with 2.11.56 binary, so I've decided it's time to investigate. As no one else has reported a difficulty I'm assuming it's something local to my installation.

If I pick out the first fretboard example from rhythms.itely, the one starting on line 1425, and try to compile it I get the following error when the \include "predefined-guitar-fretboards" statement is executed:

Processing `D:/Users/Trevor/Leisure/Music/LilyPond/Tests/test.ly'
Parsing...C:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly/predefined-fretboards-init.ly:46:14: In expression (parse-terse-string terse-definition): C:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly/predefined-fretboards-init.ly:46:14: Unbound variable: parse-terse-string

I've checked scm/predefined-fretboards.scm in my installation, and it appears to define parse-terse-string correctly.

Any idea what might be wrong, or what I might check next?

Trevor