Re: Update lilypond-2.11.57.pot message catalog

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Update lilypond-2.11.57.pot message catalog
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 23:26:55 +0200

[CC lilypond-devel list to notify translators]
On 2008/08/29 21:30 +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> John Mandereau wrote:
> >http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/sources/v2.11/lilypond-2.11.57.tar.gz

> The above tarball however contains two POT files.  Should the
> lilypond-doc.pot file also be announced to the translators?  (And
> thus the lilypond-doc domain first created?)

Strings contained in lilypond-doc.pot are used to translate isolated
strings in the documentation.  As it is used to translate node names and
section titles in documentation translations, and some other strings
used in scripts that generate portions of documentation, translating is
useless unless a significant part of the documentation has been
translated (the two first chapters of the Learning Manual).  These PO
files also change very frequently (usually every 2 weeks), and node
names translation will be soon removed from these files as we switch to
texi2html, so I think it's resonable to keep lilypond-doc domain outside
the Translation Project.

Best,
John