Re: page-breaking favours last page?

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: page-breaking favours last page?
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 10:22:54 -0700

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:00 AM, Reinhold Kainhofer
<address@hidden> wrote:

>> I didn't realize 2.11.58 was released, since Han-Wen hasn't pushed a
>> tagged commit yet.  :-)
>
> It's not released, but the current development version already has the next
> version number, mainly because new features implemented should work with
> 2.11.58 (NOT 2.11.57), regression tests should have \version "2.11.58", and
> convert-ly should use versino 2.11.58. So, since we are preparing 2.11.58, of
> course we should already work with that version number (instead of breaking
> things by inserting 2.11.57, which happened in the past, when the development
> version reported the previous version number...)
> See:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2008-08/msg00322.html
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2008-08/msg00323.html

I forgot to explain myself.  :-P

I checked http://lilypond.org/web/install/ , and it does appear that a
build that is *tagged* 2.11.58 was uploaded for most architectures.
So it looks like some people are using what appears to be 2.11.58,
even when they are not building from source.  I'll reply to the thread
"Vertical spacing on big systems" assuming this is true.

Cheers,
Patrick